One way to add a personal, finishing touch to any present you give during this holiday season (or any type of gift-giving event) is by adding a beautiful bow. Don’t worry, it’s as easy as tying your shoelaces! In just a few, simple steps you’ll learn how to create the perfect knot to top that gorgeously wrapped gift.
1. Tie the first knot. When pulling on the ribbon diagonally, you will see you will have an upper and a lower part of the ribbon.
2. Create your first loop with the lower part of the ribbon.
3. Wrap the upper part of the ribbon over the top of the first loop.
4. Tuck this part behind the loop and pull through. Now you have two loops (a bow!)
5. Tighten the center knot by pulling on the loops. Adjust the loops and make sure that the loop on both sides are even.
6. Trim ribbon to desired length and style. For a double-pointed tail (pictured), fold the ribbon ends in half and cut in an angle.
…and there you have it!!!