Fashionistas beware. It is almost Labor Day, so that means wear as much white as you can, because after Monday, September 7th, you can no longer wear white.
Atrocious, isn’t it?
Who came up with such a thing? With a mixture of social, political and seasonal factors dating back to the 1800s, the wealthy class wanted to clearly define themselves from the rest of the population. They set out to create a belief that white clothing is worn during the summer months, starting on Memorial Day and lasts until Labor Day. Any day after that is considered fashion faux pas.
Because it declutters the mind, the color white projects creativity.
Through creative efforts, we get our work vibe on here at Red Knot every day (holiday or not) and we have to disagree with this tradition. We love bending rules to support wearing the color white year-round. Especially since it seems like it’s only getting hotter and hotter each day, white is our go-to color to beat the heat!
Inspired from this debate, we’d like to introduce our white furniture and accents from Red Knot, because we just can’t let them go…
- TULIP COFFEE TABLE, $269. Sleek and contemporary, this high-gloss and chrome coffee table adds sophistication (and a little bit of futuristic touch) to your living room.
- LARGE WALL CLOCK. Walls can’t talk and tell you time, but having this oversized wall clock will have the same effect, promise!
- DALINO SIDEBOARD, $699. An organizational must-have this sideboard is simple, but features lots of storage space. You’ll know where to actually find things.
- TITAN BAR TABLE, $339. Perfect for a small dining area, this bar can double up as your dinner table and home bar. Cheers!
- CLUB LUX ACCENT CHAIR, $199. Don’t be fooled by the size, this petite accent chair is super-comfy!
- SHAKLEFORD LEATHER SOFA, $1049. A fresh look on contemporary seating, this leather sofa is surprisingly plush. The wide track arms can be used as extra seating, thus making this the perfect “party sofa”.
- ACKERMAN BARSTOOL, $199. No need to say more, this is the perfect match for the Titan Bar Table. Want it in color? No problem, as it is available in brown and orange.
- JEANET DINING CHAIR, $129. Yes, we have white dining chairs too! Jeanet has chrome legs with nickel plated finish, which makes her tarnish resistant. Isn’t she lovely?
- PENTA END TABLE, $168. White rattan + tempered glass = a subtle touch of island.slash, global.slash, eclectic.slash, retro element in your space. You pick your style, there is no wrong choice.
- SUPERNOVA NESTING END TABLE, $139. Why have only one when you can have two? This nesting table can give you additional tabletop space, so decorate away.
- SHELL TABLE LAMP. So fitting for Hawaii, don’t you think? Although these Capiz shells were not from our Hawaiian beaches, they are still so fun and flirty.
- PLUMP OTTOMAN, $149. Another versatile piece- use as an ottoman, or additional seat for guests, or just have it because it swivels.